Back in 1948, Herman Schlobohm was selling notions and supplies to the bra and corset industry in New York. Taking his trade west to California, he started National Corset Supply House, a family business that grew to include sons Jon in 1960 and Roy in 1961.
After years of manufacturing lingerie components, the Schlobohms decided to put the pieces together and manufacture their own lingerie in 1966. Four years later, they purchased the "Shirley of Hollywood" name from a retiring customer and expanded their product line to include corsets, bustiers, babydolls, chemises, bras, panties, thongs, stockings, pajamas, lounge wear and more. With Roy overseeing production and design and Jon handling operations and finances, the company continued to expand and innovate, adding new products and new collections in demand from coast to coast.
The 1980's brought the third generation of Schlobohms into the family business. Dana Schlobohm-Walczuk took over Design and Marketing; Eric Schlobohm, Sales; Kirk Schlobohm, Quality Control and International Production; and Ron Schlobohm, Domestic Production.
Today, the Shirley family includes more than 100 employees, most long-term. With a talented design team and state-of-the-art sewing facilities in the U.S. and abroad, Shirley has become a premier provider of sexy lingerie and loungewear, bringing the magic and mystique of Hollywood to women everywhere.