What is KY Jelly?
Usually, people use petroleum jelly or oil-based lubricants for sexual intercourse or masturbation. KY Jelly is different because it is a water-based lubricant. It does not react with latex condoms, the silicone used in sex toy and diaphragms. KY Jelly has medicinal use as a substitute for ultrasound gel. Medical personnel use KY Jelly to aid the insertion of suppositories or tampons.
Ingredients of KY Jelly
The principle ingredients of KY Jelly are water-soluble compounds like glycerine and hydroxyethyl cellulose. It contains other antiseptic and preservative additives but does not contain any added colors or perfumes. Various KY products are available in the market. The composition of each product could vary, but the principle ingredients remain the same.
KY Jelly is non-greasy. However, it can dry during use. You can reactivate the lubricating effect by adding water or saliva. As glycerine is one of the primary ingredients, KY Jelly has a pleasant taste. It does not stain fabric or stick to it. Therefore, it is a handy lubricant to have.
Who can use KY Jelly?
Men, women, and transgender population can use KY Jelly safely. It does not have any side effects. However, it is better to remember the following points when using KY Jelly.
- KY Jelly does not have spermicidal properties. Hence, it cannot prevent pregnancy. It is a lubricating agent at its best.
- KY Jelly does not prevent sexually transmitted diseases.
- People allergic to KY Jelly should not use it.
- Some of the ingredients in KY Jelly can cause skin irritation in some people.
- It is also not advisable to use KY Jelly if you have cuts, sores, or bruises near the genital areas.
How to use KY Jelly
KY Jelly is an OTC pharmacy product. Hence, it does not require a prescription to purchase. Use KY Jelly as directed.
- You can apply KY Jelly directly on the skin or even on a condom. It does not react with the materials used in the manufacture of condoms.
- If you experience any discomfort or irritation in the genital areas after using KY Jelly, it is advisable to clean the area with water. Consulting a doctor is the right thing to do under such circumstances.
- One should not ingest KY Jelly or bring it in contact with the eyes.
- If you have ingested it accidentally, you should rinse your mouth with water. Therefore, it is not ideal to use KY Jelly if you have oral sex plans. Use KY Jelly for lubricating your penetration purposes alone.
- It is better to close the cap tightly after application. Leaving it open can cause contamination. Store KY Jelly in a cold and dark place, away from direct heat or sunlight.
KY Jelly side effects
Usually, KY Jelly does not have any side effects. However, it is better to consult a doctor if you experience any of the following side effects.
- Some people can be allergic to KY Jelly. They can experience issues like difficulty in breathing, swelling of lips, face, tongue or even hives.
- If you experience a stinging sensation on using KY Jelly, it is advisable to seek medical advice.
- Some women can display intolerance to glycerol, whereby they might develop vaginal thrush. Such women should consult a doctor and use alternative lubricants.
- There is no such thing as a KY Jelly overdose. It does not have any dosing schedule. Use it for lubricating purposes alone. If the lubricating effects are not up to your expected levels, you can stop using it and consult your doctor.
Does it react with other drugs?
- KY Jelly is odorless and colorless. It does not react with any drugs that you take orally. However, it can react with other topically applied medicines. Therefore, consulting a specialist to avoid such issues is advisable.
- KY Jelly does not stick to fabric or react with latex and silicone. Hence, it is safe to use with condoms. However, you should exercise and care if you have any oral sex sessions.
- It is advisable to keep KY Jelly out of reach of children and pets.
Where can we buy KY Jelly?
KY jelly is available at local pharmacy shops, as it is an OTC product. You can also order KY Jelly from ThatsPersonal.com. We have a range of KY Jelly products on display. Ordering them online is easy.
Thank You! for going through the information above. Currently, the products aren't available. We will soon update the products as they are up for purchase. Meanwhile, you can have a look at our other exciting products below.